Sunday, February 17, 2008

Jumper aka I want my money back

As I walked into the 11:20pm showing of Jumper last night my friend Matt said to me, "This is probably going to be like something I saw in X-Men." I had high hopes for Jumper, I'm not really sure why but something about just had my attention. Its probably because I want to have the ability to teleport.
If you haven't seen jumper, don't bother. It'll be on tv in a year, and then it might be worth it.

The only cool parts were the fight scenes but it feels like I've seen this before.
If by some chance, you haven't seen the trailer for jumper here it is.



The way they moved so quickly reminded me of one thing specifically. And it makes me laugh every time I compare the two: Dragon Ball Z

Now if you weren't a nerd in middleschool, you might have missed on this anime classic. So here is the best example I could get to show you. You'll understand what I mean after the blonde haired goku gets punched in the face about 30 times.



Note the "zwee" sound effect upon "teleporting."




If you have seen Jumper then you understand my pain. Also did anyone else notice all the dialogue being what the characters should have been thinking. "Did I just teleport?" or even better "I'm cutting you down because you need to bring me home."

I could have written a better movie. Seriously, this movie sucked balls.

-Teo

1 comment: